-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Its meme time DMc 1 minute ago
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
78,050 14,602,762 more...
Re: Climate crisis emergency power (grab) slumlord 4 minutes ago
Imagine having to go 6 hours without being able to watch McClintock for the 9,000th time. Or worse, not being able to make a thread about watching McClintcock. Or even more worse, not being able to watch Fox n Friends with Steve Douchey
8 448 more...
Re: City of Grants Pass Vs Supreme Court Seafire 6 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Interesting.

What's the point of the case? That it's unconstitutional for GP to prosecute/ move the campers?

Could have serious repercussions for other locations.

Facts of the case
The city of Grants Pass in southern Oregon has a population of approximately 38,000, and of that population, somewhere between 50 and 600 persons are unhoused. Whatever the exact number of unhoused persons, however, it exceeds the number of available shelter beds, requiring that at least some of them sleep on the streets or in parks. However, several provisions of the Grants Pass Municipal Code prohibit them from doing so, including an “anti-sleeping” ordinance, two “anti-camping” ordinances, a “park exclusion” ordinance, and a “park exclusion appeals” ordinance.

In September 2018, a three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit decided Martin v. City of Boise, holding that “the Eighth Amendment prohibits the imposition of criminal penalties for sitting, sleeping, or lying outside on public property for homeless individuals who cannot obtain shelter.” While the Grants Pass Municipal Code provisions impose only civil penalties, they still can mature into criminal penalties.

A district court certified a class of plaintiffs of involuntarily unhoused persons living in Grants Pass and concluded that, based on the unavailability of shelter beds, the City’s enforcement of its anti-camping and anti-sleeping ordinances violated the Cruel and Unusual Punishment Clause. A panel of the Ninth Circuit affirmed, and the Ninth Circuit denied rehearing en banc.

Question
Does a city’s enforcement of public camping against involuntarily homeless people violate the Eighth Amendment’s protection against cruel and unusual punishment?

Unhoused huh?

We need to quit acquiescing to the leftist language. These are drug addicts. Just like the ‘immigrants’ are illegal alien invaders.

THANK YOU!!! They are ALL Friggin drug addicts! They made a personal choice and keep it alive. It is not the public's job to feel sorry for these people. Its live saving someone over and over that is busy trying to drown themselves.

AND:

This is not about camping out on Forest Service or BLM property. Its about people, who just set up a tent, or some old RV that doesn't run very well or at all on the side by the curb in town... for months.. or some old beater vehicle. They are high, so they don't care... they throw their trash off to side.. they only move, when even their trash is bothering them it stinks so bad. So they leave it and just move their tents somewhere else.

The city has set aside land in certain parts of town, that only these drug addicts to camp in. They also provide portapotties for them to use the bathroom. NO they use them to shoot up, and then just crap on the ground or empty their bladder where ever they place. Drug addicts are a hazardous waste site, in a pair of flip flops or stolen tennis shoes or boots from Walmart. They have zero hygiene because they could care less. They steal everything they can, to conserve their money to be able to buy drugs. What part of this are people and even the Supreme Court failing to understand.

These people carry diseases. They care about nothing but getting high all day and all the time. These abuse welfare programs and steal just to focus on the drugs to feed their addictions. Most are to high to even care if they do overdose.

Is this the imagine of our nation, that we want to aspire to? Finding this in towns all over America? Well its already here.
Saw it from coast to coast, doing a 10,000 mile trip in November and December cross country, and back, and up and down the east coast. NOT as bad as we have it here on the west coast where the weather is a lot more accommodating than elsewhere for these people.

All the while, these people have MORE "RIGHTS" than anyone who isn't a drug addict. These people with illegal aliens also have many hospitals in this nation going bankrupt having to provide free health care for these people at the hospitals expense. which gets passed on to other paying patients and their insurance. They can't be refused treatment if they can't pay for treatment, courtesy of the Hill Ruddman Act, done back in the 80s. Good intentions that have gotten abuses, by people who scam the welfare systems of this nation.

I've had to chase some of these people off of the properties on each side of my wife's home here, both owned by widows who are elderly. These people just come on the property and set up a tent. 2 to 3 days later they have grown into 3 to 5 tents.

If this fails to get a positive ruling in the Supreme Court, all the other cities and counties nationwide following this case, are just going to see this problem get worse and worse.. and we will all have to start living in homes like you see in Mexico with jail bars over the windows and doors.

This crap is what is turning cities like Seattle, San Fran, LA and Potlandia into the third world. DemocRATS don't seem to care if that is their legacy, as long as they get to stay in office to supposedly 'manage' the problems it causes.
43 2,416 more...
IC B2
Re: German engineering, slumlord 10 minutes ago
Farfegnugen!!!
22 1,546 more...
Re: Snapping out of winter and going into farming season. stxhunter 20 minutes ago
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I dislike most bugs.
damn, fleas are bad this year, sprayed the yard last week.
29 1,013 more...
The do-do bird? slumlord 21 minutes ago
Some say rhey are extinct, but what about the 2 Noah saved?

And sidebar: favorite fish n chips dive joint?
0 40 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: What 35 whelen would you go after? Elvis 28 minutes ago
Originally Posted by bwinters
[quote=beretzs]

Ruger made a very good 35 wh for a couple years in a SS Hawkeye. I had one and foolishly sold it. Wish I had that one back....

It was made in the blued/walnut Hawkeye as well. I bought one new.
101 14,549 more...
Re: Working in 2008 GMC Sierra 1500.... Seafire 34 minutes ago
Randy,

Good to see you are alive and kickin.... Give our regards to Jo.

All I can add is I second what Paul had to say....

Changed the rear brake drums on the 2011 Tacoma I 'inherited' that came out of Massachusetts & New Hampshire.

The drum itself, had more of it gone due to rust, than was left on it...

I sure don't miss, living up north at all. Its not the cold or the snow that bothers me... its the road salt and the rust.

When I lived in Minnesota, you don't do any work on a vehicle that you have to remove a bolt or nut, without first heating up with a torch from a welder or what ever.

Had your dad's truck gives you a long service life. I wouldn't want one of these new trucks if I won it in a contest, or someone just gave me the keys to one. Hell I've even thought about finding an old VW bug or my beloved Squareback,
or a good shaped 60s Volvo wagon or up thru the early 80s, 245 station wagon... when they went to fuel injection, it was mechanical fuel injection. An EMP wouldn't phase any of those... and they'll run on about any kind of fuel.

Recently recalled the old tricks we use to use in Minnesota in the winter to keep gas lines from freezing. HEAT additive, takes the alcohol out of ethanol, then adding some 2 stroke oil to it, and I'm not having to buy fuel at the airport for my lawn mover. NOT having ethanol issues with my mowers, blower, chain saw and other power equipment that gets used a lot this time of year.

Don't you miss when the world was simple? That is why I keep running that old 88 4 Runner, buzzing 600K on the odometer...same engine and trans I drove it off the lot with back in 1987, when I bought her new with 2 miles on the odometer.
15 940 more...
Varmint Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Load recs for fast twist .223 and .22-250 hanco 39 minutes ago
I load the 62 grain TTSX for 223’s and 22/250’s. 62 grain Bear claws also
9 692 more...
Re: Q K22 44 minutes ago
45,285 3,984,870 more...
IC B3
AR and Tactical Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Lightweight Upper AR15 kk alaska 1 hour ago
My CDNN BM LW was so so in the accuracy dept. Sold it!
4 438 more...
Moscow - Iranian MMA fighter gets Jumped by Fans after his Fight SupFoo 1 hour ago
Iranian MMA fighter gets jumped after his fight after kicking a ring girl and allegedly sucker punching his opponent.

Bare-knuckle fighter Ali Heibati "found out" after a Moscow fight on Friday.

After taking a cheap shot against the ring girl, his opponent and a commentator, Heibati was banned from the league.

He lost in the first round to Arkady Osipyan and then lost to angry fans after the fight.

Brutal.

VIDEO of FAN BEAT DOWN HERE

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
0 100 more...
Alaska Jump to new posts
Re: Canoe's in Alaska kk alaska 1 hour ago
I have owned quite a few had a Grumman Sport boat for probably 15 years loved it, ran 4 to 8 hp 2strokes Yamaha 8 was probably the best right weight to power, Vern has it now.

Bought a Saturn 15 ft inflatable Kaboat used it all over with a 9.8 HP 4 stroke good boat.

Had 21 ft Scott Hudson Bay canoe with a 20 hp 4 stroke Tohatsu. Used a jack ass lift with a 8 hp on the Grumman Sport Boat and the Hudson Bay Freighter. The 20 hp was too heavy for the lift.

Had several other canoes.

Bought the Solar Inflatable Jet Boats and prefer them for the Shallow rocky rivers of South Central Alaska, Fish trout in the AK lakes
in a Inflatable Kayak with electric trolling motor.
21 2,257 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: 22PPC Finish Reamer WayneShaw 1 hour ago
Up
2 166 more...
Re: Your Best Friend? hanco 1 hour ago
Same, then former co worker
29 1,447 more...
Re: 1965 Ford F100 One Owner PennDog 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by 160user
That 3 speed on the column is a modern "Theft Deterrent System". It sounds like a classy old ride.

😄 - yep not too many that know how to drive a vehicle with “three on the tree”!!

Beautiful truck and great price - GLWYS!!

PennDog
5 577 more...
Re: Say you hit a dog.... Cecil56 2 hours ago
Last dogs I ran over was one night, after my bow shooting weekly meeting, in 1991. They jumped out of a weedy ditch with zero warning. Heard them thumping all the way back under my NEW one month old Oldsmobile.

The last thing they would have wanted, was me knocking on doors in search of the owner. I was pizzed and it cost $500 for the insurance deductible, for them letting the dogs run loose.

Worse was how I felt about the new car needing repairs. Kind of like being married one month, and your wife cheated on you. Things will never be the same.
75 4,029 more...
Re: Why are blacks and hispanics underperforming? AcesNeights 2 hours ago
When have they ever over performed?…except for that one time at the Alamo. 😂
24 1,379 more...
Alaska Jump to new posts
Re: DC 4 crashes on the Tanana Sitka deer 2 hours ago
Lots of folks will be having a cold winter... extremely important fuel hauler in the far north!
3 236 more...
Re: Your worst friend? AcesNeights 2 hours ago
I’m the type that usually gives more of myself to friendships and cares more about than they do. I’m an extremely loyal friend but because of that I’ve been “burned” more than once and it’s always very disappointing to me but that’s life. I figure that all I have invested is how much I care and I have plenty of that to spare so it’s not my loss as much as it is theirs. Once my trust has been destroyed and I realize that I’m on a one way street I just keep on truckin’ and I don’t look back. I have several lifelong friends that I can call at 3am and ask them to help bury the bodies and they’d be right over without questions…actually they’d probably be pissed that they didn’t help me create the bodies but they’d definitely bring shovels and start digging. My wife once said “you’ll learn eventually”…I told her that I hope I don’t. I never want to shut myself off from caring just because some douchebags have taken advantage of my kindness. I know who I can ride the river with and that’s good enough for me. In reality I’m perfectly content with my wife and my amazing children so I look at the friends I have as icing on an already perfect cake.
4 313 more...
Re: Best electronic ear muff? firstcoueswas80 2 hours ago
I have Peltor that I use at the range and while hunting for my son and I. They are wonderful for a young hunter, you can whisper instructions, yet still protected when the gun is fired.
15 842 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Well that's a first for me! Alan_C 2 hours ago
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Annealed?
That was my thought. When something shears before it stretches.
21 1,401 more...
Alaska Jump to new posts
Re: Ruger mkii ss boat paddle ldmay375 2 hours ago
I have 3 of them, that I replaced the stocks on shortly after buying them, when they were in production. I have another that I bought a year or two ago, that still has the Zytel stock. I would say the stainless barrel and action are definitely popular. The stock itself, some liked and some not. My biggest issue was that, there seemed no eye pleasing method for reducing the LOP and maintaining a decent recoil pad. No doubt the stocks are tough. I am sure there are still plenty in use, as issued.
1 111 more...
Re: Winchester Double Diamond Model 42 XXX Wood Skeezix 3 hours ago
Good Lord, Shrap! Absolutely exceptional!!!
12 897 more...
Hunting Trucks and Four-Wheel Drives Jump to new posts
5.9 Cummins drop in Turbo firstcoueswas80 3 hours ago
I have a 2007, 5.9 Cummins with 201k, the turbo is making some weird noises, so its looking like its time to either rebuild it, or swap out with an upgraded, drop in turbo.

Any reccomendations?
0 58 more...
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 27 28
AX24

91 members (300_savage, 264mag, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,490 guests, and 783 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,435
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.