Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Free Classifieds
18 seconds ago
looking to buy a bolt action 6.8 spc. i know ruger made a compact, browning lists an A-bolt stalker but dont know if they were ever produced. remington made a few variations also. anyway let me know what you have. thanks.......ar15s need not apply...
more...
Hunter's Campfire
39 seconds ago
Hehehe. I kneed. ...
more...
238 Views · 5 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
2 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Think about it this way:

If it took 200 seconds to solve a problem the fastest supercomputer would take 10,000 years (and we’ve only had computers for 50 years)...

How do they know the answer was right?

They're checking it now. We'll know for sure I 10,000 years....
more...
739 Views · 25 Comments
Hunting Rifles
3 minutes ago
Two piece Rem 700 Talley Lightweight mounts aren’t compatible or I was in a hurry and need to try again....
more...
1,433 Views · 24 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
3 minutes ago
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by flagstaff
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by flagstaff

Bicyclists pay for the road only if they are buying gas or diesel.

In my State, unless the voters approve a special tax to fund roads, zero ad vsloreum or general taxes are used to fund road construction or maintenance.

I learned something Arizona is not yet using other tax monies for county and city roads. Unless they accept state monies to help with funding, which almost always happens. Just remember if you ever drive through a city where you haven't paid for gas you are stealing the use of that road!

The State monies you are referring to are the HURF or gas taxes dispersed by the State to fund transportation projects. So still, gas taxes pay for that bike lane.

Well hell, I'll never ride a bike on an Arizona road then. I don't want to feel guilty about stealing. Am I allowed to drive on them if I have never purchased gas in Arizona?

Ride your bike wherever you want. The weather here in AZ is often conducive to flying, sitting by a pool, hiking, or about anything outside.

But maybe you’ll now better understand the funding for those bike paths and shoulders you ride your bike on wherever you are from, because the State you live probably is wrestling with the same funding issue I have explained.

Again, my experience with the bicycling community is the act like they are owed or entitled to ride that bike and are very vocal about their expectations. And they ain’t paying for that shoulder or path. If there was say a user fee or tax to pay for that shoulder or oath, then I’d say that got a legit bitch. If that fee was say $20 per day for using it, then they would’ve correct in bitching about it. They are getting it for free now though. And bitching about it’s condition.

That’s messed up. Like I said all along....
more...
132,099 Views · 596 Comments
Alpha
Hunter's Campfire
3 minutes ago
Nancy will have to get another face lift...
more...
104 Views · 7 Comments
Free Classifieds
3 minutes ago
Thank you for the leads and will follow up!!!...
more...
231 Views · 4 Comments
Hunting Rifles
3 minutes ago
[Linked Image]Somehow it lost the image. Let’s try again.......
more...
4,502,411 Views · 3,259 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
5 minutes ago
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I just finished reading Battle Cry, the novel about the Marines in WW2 fighting on the Pacific against the "Japs".

Is it money, real-estate, minerals? Wars are old as time, and there are a few going on right now.

Call me Gus, and perhaps I ask stupid questions, just the feelings after reading the book.

Wars are started for different reasons. Usually none of them good reasons.

But in WWII I believe there were very good reasons for that one.

As to Marines fighting Japs in the Pacific, you do recall Pearl Harbor, don't you?

But why did the Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor in the first place?

The war wasn't about Pearl Harbor....
more...
1,200 Views · 47 Comments
Hunting Optics
5 minutes ago
What’s up with the Magic Marker prototype? Obliquely spill it. 😎...
more...
8,418 Views · 160 Comments
Bravo
AR and Tactical Rifles
6 minutes ago
Don’t waste your time. Just buy the Smith & Wesson MP 10. As somebody earlier stated, parts don’t swap easily. My personal opinion is buy a complete rifle. And the S&W’s shoot. Bug holes....
more...
419 Views · 11 Comments
General Big Game
6 minutes ago
Looks great JCM. Thanks....
more...
810 Views · 23 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
6 minutes ago
7 trillion dollars, and 25,000 casualties, and really no difference, except to those who reap war dollars.

Why doesn't trump nuke the place? Won't we have problems down the road if we just leave?...
more...
754 Views · 37 Comments
Ask The Gunwriters
7 minutes ago
Powerbelt....have heard more negative comments about those ml bullets than all others combined. I used them myself and have nothing good to say about them myself. I stick with the traditional ml now. T/C Hawkens, Renegades, and a Seneca....
more...
270 Views · 5 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
7 minutes ago
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by SocialFinger
hi i'd login more if it were not for this [bleep] flashing envelope. it just won't stop.

Put a piece of tape over it.

Gotta be blue ‘lectric tape to be 24HCF approved....
more...
899 Views · 23 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
8 minutes ago
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
He also did not have his guns returned after all was said and done. The state kept them.

It could happen...
more...
102 Views · 4 Comments
Deer Hunting
9 minutes ago
We have quite a few deer on our place and I've seen more small deer this year than I can remember. I was bow hunting the other day and a small doe came out that I dont think would have weighed 50 lbs. I let her walk and after a while a big doe came out with 2 small ones. I dont think either of these little ones would have gone 40 lbs.

None of the little ones had spots, but I expected them to be larger than they are. I guessing the does were bred around Christmas, so a 200 +/- gestation period would make these drop in July. That's the only reason I can come up with for these young deer. Our normal rut is the 3rd +/- week of Nov.

The other day, I saw a doe with a young one that was what I would call normal. The yearling was 3/4 as large as the doe. This is more of what I'm use to seeing.

Anyone else seeing an unusually large number of young/small deer?...
more...
5 Views · 0 Comments
Free Classifieds
9 minutes ago
Ttt...
more...
72 Views · 1 Comments
Alaska
9 minutes ago
Alaska communities that collect sales tax are getting close to leveling the playing field between online retailers and brick and mortar stores.

Last week, the Alaska Municipal League, or AML, announced a plan to create a statewide code and commission to oversee the collection of sales taxes from out-of-state businesses.

Online retailers would register with the commission rather than the more than 100 individual local governments currently collecting sales tax.
A 2018 Supreme Court decision allowed states to charge sales tax on purchases from out-of-state online retailers.

But Alaska doesn’t have a statewide sales tax. AML spent the last year figuring out how to streamline sales tax collection from online retailers.
Some online retailers are already charging sales taxes, like Amazon. But, that company’s tax collection only applies to certain purchases. And, because there are so many different sales tax jurisdictions in Alaska, the amount is sometimes wrong.

AML says establishing a statewide administration to oversee collection will make it easier for local businesses to compete with online retailers. It also benefits local governments, which miss out on millions of dollars in sales tax revenue from online retailers every year.

Municipalities that sign on will keep their individual sales tax rates and exemptions, but agree to a central administration for collection. Each one will need to adopt the agreement at the local level in order to participate.

AML hopes to establish the commission at its annual conference in Anchorage next month and start collecting sales taxes in January. It’s already advertising an opening for someone to administrate the program.

The City and Borough of Juneau has been working with AML throughout the planning process. The Juneau Assembly expects to vote on the resolution at its Nov. 4 meeting.
https://www.ktoo.org/2019/10/23/ala...ep-closer-to-collecting-online-sales-tax...
more...
7 Views · 0 Comments
Hunter's Campfire
10 minutes ago
World record Gar was from the Trinity River for many years. Dunno if that one is current or not....
more...
971 Views · 51 Comments
Free Classifieds
10 minutes ago
SPF...
more...
563 Views · 17 Comments
Free Classifieds
11 minutes ago
Will take $400 shipped Conus....
more...
549 Views · 5 Comments
Hunting Optics
11 minutes ago
I have a 3-9 with green dot on a Tikka .243 that I use primarily for coyotes. Glass is clear and have not experienced zero changes and it seems to be stout. It has held up through many miles of Jeep rides over rough terrain. I do like the green dot better than the triangle post, I also have a 1-4 mounted on a AR with the red post....
more...
158 Views · 4 Comments
Bowhunting
12 minutes ago
Thanks,I actually live not that far from Northampton but hunt mostly further East in Southampton,Watermill, Bridgehampton, Amagansett....
more...
1,715 Views · 46 Comments
Handguns
13 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I would NEVER bet my life on a product made by Taurus.

Normally i would agree wholeheartedly with you however my g2c has over 2000 issue free rounds through it including many mixed ammo mags. That being said i really only carry it around the property when doing work....it was $200, not gonna care much if it gets jacked up working. Usually carry an Sp101 357 revolver with 1 JHP followed by hardcast when in the woods other then here at home where coyotes are the biggest 4 legged predator. When going where the 2 legged predators are likely its usually my P365 with a 12rd mag in warmer weather or the g30S in colder weather all stoked to capacity+1 with Federal HST....
more...
297 Views · 12 Comments
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 31 32
RR1
Who's Online Now
741 registered members (1Longbow, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1234, 2500HD, 86 invisible), 2,491 guests, and 366 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2019 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.