Re: Miller Drop Point VinceM 29 minutes ago
Originally Posted by VinceM
btt
36 3,237 more...
Europe Jump to new posts
Re: Suppressor Special requirements throughout Europe Orion2000 31 minutes ago
Originally Posted by the_gman
Originally Posted by Hunterapp
Can someone share the Special requirements for owning a Suppressor throughout Europe? Anything like our US registration and tax stamp process. Are you discouraged from owning a firearm suppressor to protect the hearing of the shooter & bystanders?

Is the hearing protection discouragement common on the other side of the pond or is this just a United states thing?

I can only speak to the UK. The UK equivalent to OSHA (Health and Safety Executive) essentially have a policy that reads if you are employed to use a firearm in your daily job (gamekeeper, ghillie etc) your employer must take steps to ensure your hearing is protected as far as is reasonably practicable. Ergo, using a suppressor. When I got my first firearms license in 1985, the cops virtually insisted I apply for a can for my .22. Suppressor use and ownership there is normal, expected and relatively simple. Its one of the few things about the UK I miss and that they got right.

My buddy has a suppressor manufacturing business in Germany and he's doing very well so I'm guessing its not that hard in mainland Europe either. Finland both makes and sells a ton of cans so probably not that difficult there. Only in the US could you get hammered on pricing for items that elsewhere are simply disposable, just like a rifle barrel so are much less expensive.

Picked up a gun rag to pass time while working in the U.K. in the 1990's. Was totally floored to see this ^^^^^ sentiment espoused in the various writings. Essentially, using a suppressor was described as the "polite thing to do..."
5 1,819 more...
IC B2
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Wes Collum Personal Drop Point VinceM 31 minutes ago
btt
8 440 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Turning F 16s into drones at Elgin smokepole 32 minutes ago
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
You just can not let it go, can you.

Drones have pilots......yes today.

Have you ever heard of Artificial Intelligence, and progress. It will not be long until drones are fully autonomous, if some are not already. That is the goal.

Now, that you have been served your maximum allowable daily ration of education, I will only make note that humor is funniest when there is a kernel of truth in the joke.

You have been shown the kernel here numerous times.

When your audience is too dim to understand the joke, it will never be funny to him, no matter how many times it is explained.

With that acknowledgement, I give up.

Too funny. Say something really stupid and then pretend the guy who calls you out for it "just can't understand."

AI can't reliably and safely drive a delivery truck on land and you think AI will be used to pilot an F-16 and drop ordnance sometime soon.

That's hilarious.

Are you predicting the future now?

No, Idaho is predicting the future, numbnuts. I commented on the current situation.

English must not be your first language.
63 3,579 more...
Custom Rifles & Wildcats Jump to new posts
Re: 6.8 Western? beretzs 32 minutes ago
Originally Posted by taylorce1
Originally Posted by CRS
Ordered a Seekins Havak Element today in 6.8 Western.

I'd be interested in seeing your results with both rifles.

Same.. grin
89 10,691 more...
AR and Tactical Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: I need Help!(suppressor/gas issue...) TWR 35 minutes ago
All I know is I have a flow through can and it’s not even close to what your pic showed. I don’t think that’s normal for DI and even old school cans. Something is not right for sure.
34 2,168 more...
Re: FS - Vortex Crossfire II 1-4x24 30mm tube eblake 35 minutes ago
ttt
1 146 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Mule Deer and all others.....Sweden Disaster shaman 37 minutes ago
I was flying in and out of Charlotte NC on a fairly regular basis for a while. This was a set of business trips that had been unplanned and I didn't have luggage for it, so I repurposed my old range bag for the extra clothing. Every time I got in line to go home, I'd get yanked out and have my luggage swabbed.

I finally got to know the TSA dude that was doing the checks. He said that my boarding pass was being tagged by the TSA for spot checks. WT?

Then it hit me. I'd been carrying gobs of ammo, spent brass, pistols, etc. in that bag for years carrying it to the range. I mentioned it to the TSA dude. He chuckled and said I should probably find new luggage. I did before the next trip out and I never got tagged again.
30 4,527 more...
Re: Challenge Coins... JohnnyLoco 40 minutes ago
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
12 1,055 more...
IC B3
Re: That annoying popup righthand screen? jc189 41 minutes ago
Lucky me, no matter how many times I click on the two little lines in the top right corner the adds just keep coming back after about 30 seconds or so.
20 1,070 more...
Re: grandsons are the best Muffin 42 minutes ago
Originally Posted by norm99
9 grand kids 5 boys 31, 24,24,19,13. 31 year old just gave me my first great grand child YA also a son born Apr 15 24 he is going for his captians ticket for 60 tonne ships, 1twin has a BA in computer whatever, other is going into economics, 19 bible collage them counselor at a camp, 13 smarter than whatever read 20 books by 5 years old,,, new great g son ?????? his dad is a great hunter and fishing guide so we shall see.

Norm

Nothing quite like a quiver full of arrows................ someone once said!

smile
14 801 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: 260 Rem or 7-08 Rem....Why would you pick one over the other? Theo Gallus 44 minutes ago
I have .260s just to pi$$ of the Creedmore fans.

May add a 7-08 after I retire if I need to kill time.
36 2,558 more...
Single Shots Jump to new posts
Re: Ruger No 1 popularity? WStrayer 44 minutes ago
I cannot remember the last time that I lost money on a used gun.
39 3,769 more...
Deer Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Sabot slugs for rifled barrel WStrayer 45 minutes ago
I have always found slug guns to individuals. Each one I have ever owned seems to have a favorite. Buy one box of a couple different ones to try. When I had a rifled barrel, I did well with the Lightfields. Recoil was heavy but I like that they were a bigger diameter slug in a thinner sabot.
33 4,459 more...
Re: Casey Bradshaw Bradshaw Blades Handy EDC ar33c9 46 minutes ago
Up
2 284 more...
Re: Largest Land Invasion in Human History ol_mike 47 minutes ago
Originally Posted by PJGunner
Originally Posted by ol_mike
All foisted upon us by the globalist- but nobody seems to know who they are

I can guess, Rothchild and hir world bank. He did once say, "If I can control a countries banks, I can control that country." His bank and those affiliated with him control the banks of every country in the world today except two. IIRC, the UAE and I think Saudi Arabia are the two he doesn't have his hooks into.
PJ
Huge numbers of ""them"" are a secret international mafia and I don't mean just the rottenchild gang/group.

Jesse Kelly more-less said- most americans today are a bunch of dumbasses who don't have a clue and can't connect the dots.
When I get around people I don't know I sometimes slide a question or two their direction. I'd guess 1 in 10 is paying attention- vast majority are the chipsNdips, pepsi, nfl/tv barca lounger bunch. Their usual reaction is they sit there silent- the thought in their head is UHhhHmmUHhh blank stare.
34 2,088 more...
Re: Over Reach and Control bpas105 50 minutes ago
When building our home, I had a vault door delivery where the common carrier would not enter my driveway. I worked with them by driving my pickup out to the street, backing it up to their truck, and sliding the door into my truck bed. I bit of a hassle, but better than the alternative. Might that work in your case?
21 1,147 more...
Re: WTS Anschutz 17P 17HMR Burris 3x12 CBinNH 53 minutes ago
This is a good quality less common scope on what usually shoot like a laser, awesome triggered firearm.
7 748 more...
Re: WTS S&W Model 351 C & PD .22 Magnums CBinNH 55 minutes ago
Still available
8 1,133 more...
Re: Gun nut home repairs 22250rem 58 minutes ago
Speaking of OCD; how many inch pounds of torque should those be set to?
16 1,369 more...
Re: Husqvarna 12g Hammer Gun Mod 20 savage220 1 hour ago
I forgot to mention, I also had my smith bump the chambers out to 2-3/4” (it came 2-1/2 I think). The barrels are steel and safe with modern ammo.
7 456 more...
Re: No Trial for Mayorkas 22250rem 1 hour ago
No surprises here. Now tell me again how there's no two tiered justice system.
20 1,113 more...
Knives and Blades Jump to new posts
Re: WWTD (What would Teddy do) ??? Mannlicher 1 hour ago
ya done good!
11 792 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Finally Found "Retumbo" - $72.00 Pound! Highoctane 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Seafire
Every time I read threads like this, I am happy I figured under Trump's Administration that the DemcoRATs would back in power some day.. so I just purchased tons of stuff under his administration, on a monthly basis.

that may sound bad to some, like I was hoarding or something. But at the time, no one seemed to mind, because the shelves were full and the pricing was low.

Well during those times, I was spending a lot less than folks are spending now, just to lay in a small supply of something.

for those that find it, and are willing to pay those prices, Hope you enjoy having it available.

Just sad everyone is getting raped so bad on things. Glad I'm getting old and worn out, but I have my needs met for the most of my shooting career.

I done the same thing. I figured those "rats" would lie, cheat and steal their way back into power, so I started buying the supplies I would need to last the rest of my life, or to the point that I couldn't use it. I allocated all my fun money for a while, even worked more than a few OT shifts to buy supplies. There'll be no 75 dollars per lb for me!
32 2,561 more...
Page 2 of 28 1 2 3 4 27 28
AX24

413 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1_deuce, 1lesfox, 36 invisible), 2,253 guests, and 1,041 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,494
Posts18,452,373
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.