24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Just a Heads up ! Smaller Tulsa Gun Show this Weekend ! Mooseman684 5 hours ago
Originally Posted by remingtonclassic
With the new ATF rulings that's coming into effect,I think we will see some major changes in the future of gunshows as we've been acustom to over the years,As the personal collection sellers are weeded out,
The new rule , which will be challenged in Court , still has an exemption for a "Collector" and "Hobbyist" and "auctioneers" to sell guns without a license. They did away with many licenses during the Clinton era , because you had to have a brick and mortar store. That , apparently , has not changed with this new rule. Apparently too, the .GOV didn't learn it's lesson during Prohibition , and the Black Market was thriving then , since they can't be everywhere I see that causing a bigger problem than they already have with the homeboy gangs dealing guns in back alleys, and they don't obey laws anyway . I've been collecting guns for 50 years and now that I am old and wearing out , its time to start letting them go to new homes.
8 527 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Anyone prescribed Marinol? hardway 5 hours ago
I got pretty low on protein from my pancreatitis and malabsorption issues…. Boost makes a high protein version that’s like 30% protein…. I would just shotgun those like a shot of whiskey when I didn’t feel like eating. Good luck buddy.
32 1,124 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Ruger American Gen 2 Jordan Smith 5 hours ago
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Both my current Howas are threaded, and one is stainless. Cerakote is fine, but definitely not as desirable as SS IMO. Howa offers multiple finish and stock options, though not all at RAR prices. The RAR is a good value, as long as the standard configuration pleases you.

One point that matters to me is the integral trigger guard of the RAR stocks. Those can and do break; my RAR .17 M2 was broken in shipment, possibly by the unsecured bolt rolling around in the box. Standard Howas have an aluminum hinged floorplate, which IMO work perfectly. The MINI guards are plastic, and I replace those with aftermarket parts, but if the OEM part breaks, it’s an easy and cheap fix, not a stock replacement.
I didn't love when some of the Howas were pawned off as SS, when it reality it was a SS-coloured Cerakote finish over blued steel.
23 2,592 more...
IC B2
Re: No guns!informed me plumbum 5 hours ago
Originally Posted by Ringman
A heads up for my .com friends.

Made a reservation at Holiday Inn Express. When the confirmation came to my email, they informed me they do not allow ANY guns on their property. No concealed and no open carry. I called them to cancel and gave the reason: They don't care about their employees or customers. The "bad" guys don't care about their policy and would love a place like that where no one can defend themselves.

Fugg em. I traveled 2x this year to hunt requiring a hotel stay. Not leaving my rifle in the car, so I will carry it in.

If I can't, then I will stay elsewhere.
41 2,356 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: Ruger security six ldmay375 5 hours ago
Thanks for the number comparisons. I have a stainless Security Six that I am still a fan of.
24 1,287 more...
Australia Jump to new posts
Re: ANZAC DAY. Lest we forget. jpb 6 hours ago
Originally Posted by brianmac
Here in NZ they are trying to get photos of every WWII vet wearing his medals today. Only about 3000 still alive. Dads 89 and was one of the younger ones.
Sad to hear only about 3000 are still alive, but getting a photograph of as many as possible getting their service medal is a wonderful project!

Respect.

/John
21 2,868 more...
Re: Set of ULAs For Sale Schwanz 6 hours ago
I'm kicking myself for not getting the 340 from ilikeguns when I had the chance, not as happy with the 338WM I settled on as I thought I'd be.

How many of the CLR conversions did Melvin do? A good rifle to be had?
10 2,037 more...
Turkey Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Waterproof hub blind MikeL2 6 hours ago
Run a web search for "waterproof hub blind cap". Should come up with products on Amazon, Walmart, maybe Tractor Supply and some other places. Haven't tried one yet but you have me thinking about it now.
8 445 more...
AR and Tactical Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Cheapest AR Thats'.. Kodiakisland 6 hours ago
I've got a PSA blem lower and the cheapest 300BLK upper they had. I've been very happy with it. Replaced the trigger just to have a really good one, but the trigger that came on it was fine.
5 285 more...
Re: garden revision Fireball2 6 hours ago
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
Well Ballz, this is the first post of yours I actually like.

You did a great job with the raised beds. What are the metal contraptions in the right bed? Looks like a floating chicken coop, but I assume it's just tomato cages or something.

Tomato cages. Repurposed metalwork welded into the shapes shown. It has a bunch of cross bars that can be moved wherever they're needed.
15 920 more...
IC B3
Re: Florida U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon is Righteous LBP 6 hours ago
She’s pretty hot too!
7 849 more...
Express Rifles and Big Bores Only Jump to new posts
Re: Who practises offhand with their double rifle? jwp475 6 hours ago
Beautiful shot with your Double
13 1,416 more...
Predators and Varmints Jump to new posts
Re: Working up a load for .22-250 Ben_Lurkin 6 hours ago
Originally Posted by Big Stick
You are a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking CLUELESS Schit. Hint.

I just "happen" to shoot 6AI(amongst a host of other .243's) and you couldn't even pick it out of the crowd. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

WHY do you even fhuqking "try" Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Lol. Third from the right. Right next to the 6-284 (or Shehane - can’t quite tell if that’s a 35 or 40 degree shoulder) and 6/06 on the end. Glad I could help. Have a nice evening schtick.
14 1,090 more...
Re: Snapping out of winter and going into farming season. Valsdad 6 hours ago
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Cow work for 6 months straight and now we have to start farming while still doing even more cow work with branding and hauling them out of here on semi trucks.

My LEAST favorite time of year.

Not whining though.
You could always start up a goose farm Sam.
39 2,039 more...
Re: funniest damn thing I've read in a long long time. Irving_D 6 hours ago
12 1,221 more...
Re: Ruger race rifle team USA 10/22 Jjeffhunter 6 hours ago
$750 shipped
16 2,050 more...
Re: Unicorn wyomntpounder 6 hours ago
7 1,247 more...
Re: Selling 6.5 Grendel Lee pacesetter dies and 1 box of speer gold dot 6.5mm bullets groundhog204 6 hours ago
Up
5 499 more...
Re: Burris XTR III 3.3-18x50 SCR MOA USAFHUNTER 6 hours ago
Open to trades as well.
5 466 more...
Re: Ukraine’s “Counter-Offensive” Major Belly Flop Greyghost 6 hours ago
The 4 of you put out more fake far right russian propaganda than they do... I guess in a drastic last-ditch effort to get everyone to believe you all.

Phil
5,662 452,983 more...
Bullet Casting Jump to new posts
Re: Anybody powder coating? Idaho_Shooter 6 hours ago
Originally Posted by RayF
Made the first batch and I have to agree, JFE. Times are too close to suggest either one having an advantage in that regard. Excluding equipment set up (pulling out equipment, setting up bench, etc), powder coating took 45-50 min for 100 rounds from turning on the oven until finished boolit. Traditional lube took 40-45 minutes from heating up the Lubrisizer until those boolits were finished.

The mess was a trade off (powder dust vs wax). Since equipment prep was specific to each process’s set up, I did not include mounting the Lubrisizer (since some may have their’s permanently mounted), changing Lubrisizer dies (which requires warming Lubrisizer up to remove/replace and then adjust) or adding a wax tube.

I had some botched PC rounds because I transferred too much powder to the oven tray and failed to adequately separate the projos, but they came out pretty decent for a rookie.

[Linked Image]

I ordered two 1/8 inch Aluminum plates from Online Metals dot com custom cut to fit my toaster oven. They are much easier to use than the racks which came with the oven.

Then I steal some parchment paper from Momma's kitchen and sit the bullets on the paper. That keeps the paint off the Aluminum and maintains the level surface.

I am still very satisfied with powder from Harbor Freight purchased 10 years ago. At the time the lime green was recommended. It is working well with one coat.

If oil contamination is interfering with adhesion, a quick bath in 91% isopropal alcohol or in acetone will fix that issue. I have removed carnuba wax from lubed bullets and then powder coated them successfully.
22 2,753 more...
Re: WTT Zeiss Diavari 3-12×56 BobbyTomek 6 hours ago
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
I lucked into a custom P64 with this scope and it's like the Hubble telescope.

I have no need for an objective that large and I'm hoping to trade it towards a Swarovski Z5 or Z6.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A little more info would help you out here. Which "Diavari" do you have? There's the V, Victory, Z, etc. -- and the coatings can be either T* or MC in the Z line. The V and Victory series are top-of-the-line while the Z-MC is closer to the original Conquest in optical quality.

Also, what reticle does it have, and what is the condition of the lenses? Larger photos would help as well. Thanks.
3 306 more...
Re: WTS Kifaru Medium Box Stove alyuaz 6 hours ago
Btt
9 895 more...
Single Shots Jump to new posts
Re: 20ga TC Encore chokes Big1bud 6 hours ago
Either they are Invector or Invector + different threads
1 93 more...
Air Guns Jump to new posts
Apolo pellets and slugs 450BM 6 hours ago
I bought some Apolo brand 33 gr pellets, 33 gr slugs and 40gr slugs for my 25 caliber Impact. Got them off Amazon and were about .05 per pellet and about .06 per slug with free Amazon shipping. They arrived in good shape and shot pretty well. Not quite as accurate as JSB or FX pellets but for the price they were worth it. My gun is setup for pellets but the 40gr slugs shot well enough that I ordered 4 more tins along with 4 tins of the pellets. The 33gr slugs didn’t shoot well enough to buy more. Gun does not have a slug liner and my second reg pressure is 100 so it’s not even close to a good setup for slugs. I moved the hammer spring dial from 8 to 16 for the 40gr slugs and game them enough extra oomph to make them shoot respectable.

At 25 yards the slugs were ok but not nearly as accurate as pellets. However, in a fairly stiff breeze at 80 yards they were significantly more accurate than the pellets. My very first experience with slugs so more playing is in order but so far I’m happy with them.
0 53 more...
Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27
AX24

204 members (12344mag, 300jimmy, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 2UP, 22 invisible), 2,261 guests, and 917 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,711
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.