Remington ADL Tactical 6.5 Creedmoor

Range day with my new Remington ADL "Tactical"

I was in a local Field and Stream store a few weeks ago now and and they had Remington ADL Tactical rifles on sale. The one he showed me was maybe in .308 or something I didn't need. But they had one in 6.5 Creedmoor also. Actually they had 6 of the Creedmoors in stock and said no one is asking about them. Probably because the sale sign was on the .308 model and not the one in 6.5 Creedmoor, but I didn't feel like pointing that out to him.

So I thought about it and since I just bought a Savage BA Stealth in 6.5 I didn't really need it, but I did want it.

When the lady, ( I won't call her a gun salesperson, or any of them gun people for that matter) was handling the paperwork, she said something about the gun and I mentioned that I hoped it would as accurate as the other 2 Rem heavy barrel rifles I own have been. She turned and looked at me with a knowing look that would make you think she was about to bestow some knowledge and said " Most people don't buy tactical rifles to be accurate, they just buy them for how much damage they can do". Which caused my 12 year old to raise his eyebrows a little, and he said " I don't think she knows what she's talking about." I told him just smile and nod.

I brought it home and pulled it out of the ADL Stock and dropped it into an HS Precision stock with BDL bottom metal. Mounted a Vortex 6.5-20x50 Viper on it and went to the range.

Here are some groups shot with the gun on 2 separate days.

The Interlock groups impressed me the most since the Savage Stealth just sprayed those into a 3-4 inch group. The Savage by the way shot pretty much everything else into about an inch. I just don't care for the platform.

The Federal 140's at $17.00/box here locally shoot very well for what they are but are a tight fit in the chamber of this rifle. If I hunt with them I will have to test fit each round before I go out with them.

I'm wanting the 143 ELDX load to shoot well and although that 3 shot group looks good, the 5 shot groups have not made me too happy. Same with the 129 SST.

I'm thinking about just hunting with the 140 Black's until I get my handloads worked up. I have a box of 143's to try out but the Alabama Youth hunt starts this Friday and I'm focused on that for now.

Bob.
Last edited by fishybobtrout; 11/06/17.