Originally Posted by 5thShock
The Friends of the NRA sounds more like it. I started feeling queasy about Big NRA when I got the ad for the Wine Club. Somebody convinced corporate that they could become our preferred LifeStyle Destination. I'm still a member though,

I personally have no problem with the NRA's raising money through commercial offerings. If you do not want the wine, the lapel pins, the items advertised in the magazines, etc., you do not have to buy them.

It takes a lot of money and talent to be such an effective lobbying organization. This is not the oil industry or the others that are supporting free immigration to supply cheaper labor. Those interests can come up with real money. The NRA does it through advertising and individual members.

If anyone thinks that the NRA is a tool of the shooting industry, take a look at how penurious that industry really is. Aside from a few like Kimber, very few of them provide much advertising support.

LaPierre and his aides are awfully effective and are worth what they get. grin

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).