Originally Posted by BobinNH
Below is my second Brown Pound'R. The first dated back to the mid 1980's and was hunted all over the continent. I finally sold it a couple of years ago,after installation of the third 270 barrel,which was too heavy in contour to suit me. The stock had been repainted 3 times and was a wreck but structurally sound despite all the shooting and hunting.

I replaced it with the rifle below, which is a 270 on a pre 64 M70 action, Krieger barrel, and another Brown PoundR. I have had similar rifles with Brown, McMillan and Banner stocks and none were fragile and all shot well.

I have had rifles like this in everything from 270 up to 375 H&h and mostly all in between. There is nothing fragile about them. Most have been pre 64 M70's with a few Classics and Mausers thrown in for measure.

They will outlast the owners and you will wear out barrels before anything happens to the stock. Not that they cannot break....it happens here and there. But really not much of an issue.

[Linked Image]

Bob, what is your opinion on MPI stocks??

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA