Originally Posted by FVA

I imagine they are finicky.. Not looking to use them for a dedicated hunting binoculars.
Mainly to carry around to get a closer look at something I already see during my daytime work activities.
..... The last 8 years that I worked my "semi-retirement" job before I fully retired I used to carry pocket binoculars to look at stuff during my daytime work activity. I was meter reading gas & electric meters and mostly did commercial work. Many times meters were enclosed behind chain link fence or barriers. Used pocket binoculars for those meters that only required me to visually get a single reading without having to reset anything. Now I'm gonna admit that I was usually carrying a pair of el-cheapo 8x 21mm Tasco pocket bino's. They were cheap, they did the job, and if I lost them or broke them I wasn't out much money. So if it's a situation like what mine used to be you could get by with a set of those, Mine would fall apart after 2 or 3 years and I'd get another. Here at home we have some Leupold Yosemites that are great but not for putting in a shirt pocket. Also have a set of Steiner Predator Pro 10x26mm that Cameraland had on sale a few years ago but I find the Yosemites preferable. But at least the Steiners are more "pocketable". In my truck a set of Leupold Rogue 10x25mm binos live in their case in the drivers door pocket.Those are nice but don't qualify for shirt pocket use either. So if top of the line optics aren't mandatory and its on the job I'd look into some of the cheap stuff. My Tasco's did what needed to be done work-wise and they were very cost effective. Still got a pair but don't use 'em. Now that I'm retired I can be more picky about optics.