Originally Posted by Hiaring8
I wanted to update you guys, I had a change of plans with the outfitter and type of hunt I was looking for, so I have officially decided on Gunson Outfitters - Jake Gunson, in the northern BC/YUKON border area. Deposit and Contract went out in the mail today. Felt that this offered a little bit more of the true rugged adventure I was wanting and a better chance a true large 50+" moose. It is a 10 day horseback hunt Sept 15-24. 1x1 hunt that will put me and my guide out in the wilderness alone for 10 days. I will also have wolf tag in my pocket just in case - Gunson doesn't charge any harvest fee on a wolf.

I posted another post in here with a preliminary gear list/thoughts - please feel free to chime in on that as I am open to suggestions. This hunt when its all said and done is a major financial outlay for me and I want it to go as good as possible.

The only thing I am not looking forward to is the drive. LOL.
Its another 6-7 hours north of Prince George.

I think you made a good decision to go further north for better chances at a large bull moose!! We live just outside of Prince George and we head up 3 or 4 hours to set up our moose camps. Good luck.