Originally Posted by jorgeI
I'm sorry, but when Khales (Swarovski owned and it's "economy" line) is touted on a par with S&B, credibility takes a big hit with me.

Jorge-Kahles is neither owned nor produced by Swarovski and thus cannot be called it's "economy" line. The Kahles CSX 3-12x56 is no longer imported but is one of the best low-light scopes you'll find . The Leica ERi 3-12x50 hangs right along with it and -- despite being compared against a scope with a larger objective -- does not give up anything until the moonlight is quite diffused, and then the edge is absolutely minimal and likely would not be noticed by anyone unless they spend hours upon hours behind the scopes, something I have done.

As to you making a blanket statement and saying the Kahles is not on par with S&B: in a round-about way, you are right because the Kahles CSX is superior to both of the 2016 SB 2.5-10x56 Zeniths(and earlier 8x56 Klassik) I had and resulted in those being sold. And the illumination system adjusts more dimly in the Kahles and has a smaller dot than did the the SB. The newer SB Polar is another story altogether, though, and is the cream of the crop in low-light performers.

I consider the Leica ERi 3-12x50/4-a the 4th best pure low-light hunting scope behind only the aforementioned 3-12x56 CSX in third, the Zeiss Victory HT 3-12x56/#60 in second place and the SB Polar 3-12x54/D7 in the top spot. While they are very nice, Swaro does not make my top 5. In 6th place is the post-2000 production Swarovski PV 2.5-10x56 #4. (Coating upgrades around 2000 made these slightly preferable to earlier PV/PH models as they feature better contrast and transmission).