OH NO! You absolutely have to use a Premium costing 3 times as much for doing the same job!! What ARE you thinking? smile

Now, I have to admit the only Fusion I've shot was sighting in a friends .30-06. I started with Corelokts of my own, as I had some to spare from switching to Hornady Super Performance. I needed a base line, anyway. The Fusions, at 100 yards, printed about 6 inches low and left with considerably larger groups than the Corelokts in his gun, said Corelokts print about 6 inches low and 3" left of the SPs in my gun at 300 yards.

Apples to oranges to pears, if you will. It is probably more gun dynamics than anything inherently wrong with them, but I have yet to develop confidence in the Fusions. Which is understandable, having shot less than a box of them. through someone else's rifle, and only at paper, so don't mind me.

Range shooting will tell if they are accurate in your particular gun, and shooting game with them will tell you if they are terminally (in both senses) satisfactory for your hunting puposes. Opinions and espperince stories abound, but the only way to know if they suit your use is to use them.

Have at it, good luck, and enjoy!

Corelokts have done everything I have asked of them in a variety of calibers and bullet weights on many caribou, a few sheep, one elk (.260, 140 gr), wolf, and at least a dozen moose (30-06).

The only bullet/load I found too "soft" for my uses was a Federal load- called "Hi-Shok", IIRC. It did not have a bonded core, expanded instantly, and seperated lead from jacket almost on impact. I expect the Fusion will hold together much better, and objectively, will likely do just fine.

Last edited by las; 07/17/17.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.