Best to let it go Dave. The intent of your original post is irrelevant; the thread no longer follows your question. It is unlikely current posters understand the intent of your original question.
The bending of your thread would have taken place without regard to the cartridge or action type under discussion. This is not a fault peculiar to this or any other Forum nor is it my intent to disparage the comments of those who have very real safety concerns over the advisability of loading cartridges to higher than SAAMI specifications.
Due to discussions on internet forums and writing in the mainstream press � as exemplified by Christian Helbig and his Gun Digest article � yours was a legitimate question with regard to bullet fit and high-performance loading data. The cartridge in question has been loaded to higher velocity levels for quite some time as is evidenced by examining data referenced by Phil Sharp in his book: Complete Guide To Handloading and by reading magazine columns such as the American Rifleman�s Dope Bag, as �orchestrated� by Al Barr.
All open forum discussions of high-pressure loading data for wildcat cartridges intended for use in lever-action rifles will take this turn sooner or later. And this is with posters on both sides of the issue having the best of intentions. I am not aware of an open forum where the discussion of reloading for wildcat or special use cartridges will not eventually become a heated discussion with the original intent lost in the swirl of dust from post and counter post. If there is a forum on the internet where a handloader is able to discuss reloading for cartridges such as the .25-35AI, .30-30AI, .30-.348AI or other high-performance wildcat lever-action cartridges, I am not aware of it.

William Iorg

Slim