Originally Posted by gunnut308
Have always had a weakness for Classic Stainless Featherweights...

[Linked Image]

Awesome rifles man!!!! I'm not going to show a pic of my new classic stainless 7WSM, it is plane jane compared to those beauties... It looks like it shoots pretty good though.. Bobin warned me not to get a late classic, but I didn't listen like a good boy... I know why he used to say some of them really needed some work. This one is a great rifle now, after a little fine tuning:

1. Glass bed the action.
2. Freefloated the barrel.
3. Got the scope mounts sorted out. Scope is in line with the axis of the barrel now!!!!!
4. Radiused and polished the bottom of the follower. Also had to relieve a little of the side of the follower to make the loading flawless. It hung up when I first got it. Now she works like a damn champ.
5. Replaced the hard as hell recoil pad and put a pre-fit decelerator on it..
6. Trigger was HORRENDOUS when I first got it. Stoned, polished, and lighter spring, now it's at 2 7/8 pounds.
7. Replaced the FUNKY fugly phillips head action screws with allen head screws. Damn, what was Winchester thinking?????

The guys at my club said, "if it doesn't shoot good, how much will you want for it"... My buddy spotted for me, after getting the scope dialed in, and the first 5 shots went into less than an inch and I said this fu cker isn't for sale.... grin. According to him, the last 3 shots went into the same hole... Good enough for me..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA