I have gotten a bunch of requests to write up a "how to" for the SWFA Milquad reticle. It is the 6x42mm SS with MQ reticle in the pictures, however the process and use is the same as long as you have a scope who's reticle matches the turret adjustments- mil/mil or MOA/MOA. Mil/mil has some advantages, but the system works regardless.

The set up-
[Linked Image]

Tikka T3 SL in 223
SWFA SS 6x42mm MQ
Pic base and rings
Blackhills 5.56mm 77gr SMKs

Also a Leupold Mark4 12-40x60mm spotter with H32 reticle. This is not necessary but really helpful.

The target after bore sighting. Dot is 1.5". Target is at 100 yards.
[Linked Image]

Understand that the reticle is broken down into .5 mils. Every tick mark is .5 mil, with a bigger tick at each whole mil. The turret adjusts in .1 mil increments. Don't get freaked out by mils- it's just a measuring tape. We will not be thinking in inches at all and instead will use the reticle as a ruler.

Then because it's a known rifle I fire one round. If it were a new or unknown rifle I would go ahead and get a ten (10) round group out as long as it's on paper.

First round.
[Linked Image]

It's easy to see through the scope, but it doesn't show when taking a picture through it so I placed a 1/2" dot over the hole so it shows up.
[Linked Image]

Now place the reticle back on the target and "read" the ruler.
[Linked Image]

It's literally telling you what to adjust. Just break the reticle down visually into tenths.

In this case- "down 1.7 and right 1.5" mils.

If you move the reticle up and bisect the bullet hole and aiming point like this it's even easier to see-
[Linked Image]