Thanks for that, Gene. I think i may have reached the end of a utube clip and as i went to tap the forward icon i msy have been late and inadvertently touched it after the next clip was coming up and i posted it and didnt check it after i posted it. I have done that a time or two previously but caught it.

Well, we have been getting some small rains and our second little norther hit this weekend. About 35% of the years we get a good cool norther and a good bit of rain sometime between the middle of Aug and middle of Sept that can ruin the dove season.

Last year i only got 2 good hunts in on doves east of Stanton when we got a good rain that ruined it for the rest of the early
season (until late Dec).

It seems every year we get less doves back to nest and often big ranches west of Andrews will have only enough doves for a decent hunt or two on maybe 1 of 8 or so waterholes. 30 years ago if you got there before they were coming to water you could walk the pastures and jump shoot a bit before they started flying to water. That doesnt happen. Not enough return to nest anymore. Some areas will have a lot of doves but it seems those areas are becoming fewer and fewer.

Years ago you could drive anywhere in the country in the late afternoon and see doves on power lines after feeding and before watering. Now, its not happening unless there is isolated water there. I dont think young biologists have a clue as to what pops used to be.

PM me after the first and i may be able to get you on some. Thanks and take care.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin