Handling enemy combatants that are American Citizens and brought back for trial fits the new UCMJ as I read it Jag. Perhaps your seeing something Im not.

Especially if they are struggling with how and where they can and will be tried, In tribunals, or in Federal court, and the need for the two sets of differing law bodies to cooperate together to cover and consider all bases.

These two American Citizens being tried as "enemy combatants" are NEW territory.

The first citizen was tried in Federal Court, Which makes people hedge, affordingly them due process under the Constitution, to which military justice doesnt adhere.

Then came the UCMJ changes closely afterward, saying well were all gonna work together to make sure all military justice, and civilian justice is considered, perhaps saying they SHOULD be tried militarily as "enemy combatant" but just in case they aint, both systems of law, military and civilian, will cooperate to nail these citizens balls to the wall.

Thats all I can decipher from the new UCMJ.

What is the mentioned ANNEX 1, has anyone seen it, and is it pertinent to understsnding anything?

Last edited by WillARights; 08/31/18.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016