K,

not really "headed" anywhere with it, just thought the references I quoted were so "arcane" (cabalistic? occult? mystic? pick your meaning) as to border on ridiculous.

But perhaps I err, maybe the "Good Book" was written in code, and therefor the need of High Priests and Pharisees to interpret it to us, at least until perhaps the "New Testament" was provided to us. And then there are the passages such as you just mentioned "Study to shew thyself". I looked it up, and actually had to pull up the whole chapter and the previous one for context, as there is no indication (to me) as to what one should "Study". The Old Testament? The rest of Paul's letters? The "Word"? Life in general? Maybe I need a biblical scholar to figure it out for me. Most likely I will take it as " Look into things (and myself) to see that I'm on the right course and not f'n with other people). Sort of the Golden Rule type of thing.

Yeah, life is funny, there are secret things going on about us. And things that need "expert" explanation and decoding I guess.

Mostly I go with Occam's Razor type thinking, I look for an easy explanation first, long before I get into the arcane.

Again, thanks for posting all this stuff as it makes for interesting reading and I HOPE there's a hint of truth in it and the Swamp gets drained of Dem and Repub critters.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?