Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
diamondjim,

I read that. The mechanism can be smoothed, and I am hoping to hear from others to see how the triggers are, coming from the factory.

Thanks.

Steve,

I hope this finds you well and that your weather is nothing unexpected and undesirable for this time of year.

I was thinking of commenting on the release of a rifle with a relatively poor quality trigger in today's day and age of manufacturing until I looked at some of the prices of these rifles online. Perhaps a 9lb trigger is acceptable for such a low cost? But with so many inexpensive rifles with decent triggers on the market now, it seems risky for a company to not install a crisp one with reasonable pull.

I was just wondering, never having had to do so myself, how long a "smoothing" job on such a trigger might take and what added cost to the rifle? An hour's labor? Two? An hour would not add much to cost, but tow or more would add substantially to a rifle that is advertised for $359 American.

Now, will they offer them in "interesting" calibers? Will un-chambered barrels be available for loonies to experiment with?

Enjoy the fall up there.

Geno

Thanks Geno.

Most trigger jobs are charged as a flat rate. Your gunsmith can quote it to you. In Canada, trigger work generally costs about $100 to re-work an existing trigger. I'm not sure what US gunsmiths charge, but the CDN rate translates to approx. $70 US. I haven't seen a Henry trigger, but your gunsmith will start by cleaning and polishing the metal parts - including flats and holes for pins - and possibly replacing springs and the pins themselves.

The work can take awhile because when you change or modify one part, it generally reacts on the whole mechanism, so you are always reassembling and tearing it down again.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]