Originally Posted by sandcritter
Suggestions?

Looking at options for a reproduction revolver in 44-40 or maybe 45 colt, something historically pretty faithful. A close facsimile in a period correct chambering. Do fancy the Rem 1875 in 44-40, though the one uberti rendition i picked up left me a little cold. The 7” Schofield no 3 is intriguing in 44-40, but have never laid hands on a reproduction, and pricey decision. I read it is slightly lengthened thru the cylinder to accomodate 45 colt, whereas the original was not long enough to accomodate that round. What else might you consider?

Am already invested in an 1873 carbine (44-40) and p-model peacemaker (45colt). Not really looking to join cowboy action shooting due to schedules, but do get a kick out of authenticity.

Thanks for any suggestions.

For reproduction the only truly historical Colt-style SA is the Pietta. Uberti's and USFA's are very, very close, but their cylinders are slightly larger in diameter and have slightly thicker cylinder walls. But if I hadn't told you, you probably would've never known, most folks don't.

35WN

"Only accurate rifles are interesting."- Col. Townsend Whelen
"I always tell the truth....that way, I don't have to remember anything."- George Burns
NRA Life Member
Certified NRA Reloading Instructor
Certified Texas Hunter Education Instructor