I have been busy of late and saw this Rifle Tuesday (March 26th) it was new at the shop that day there in my local pawn/sport shop. I did get through the shop for a moment Saturday (March 30th) and the Rifle is still there.
It is a Browning Model 71 in 348 Winchester. It is the carbine model and is in pristine condition!
I looked at it hands on on Tuesday and could see nary an imperfection on the whole gun - I would describe it as minty!
The asking price (it is on consignment there) is $700.00.
I am not up on lever guns much so I do not know if this is a "good deal" or not.
The Blue Book of Gun Values seems to think so as they value a 100% gun like this at $875.00.
This Rifle is the standard model (Grade 1) and the only sign of any use is someone added a receiver sight to it - does this sight use factory drilled "holes"? I am uncertain.
It does have "Super-Grade" style swivels and the loading port nor the muzzle show ANY blue wear at all.
The "Blue Book" relays this Rifle was made from 1986 to 1987 only and 4,000 total were made.
I don't know who owns the Rifle but I thought if it tempted me maybe someone on the fire would also be interested.
Anyway if I can answer any questions or assist you let me know.
I do not know who owns this Rifle and have no connection with the shop or the guns owner.
The shop is open Tuesday through Saturday (9:00 AM to 5:00 PM) and their number is 1-406-683-9844.
Good luck if you need one.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy