Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
But does the bearbuster work with the rear Dovetail peep or is it too high, dats da question. I’m also confused on this adjusting thing. Are y’all talking about making changes or setting it initially. By gosh they are all easy.

I could never get someone on the phone or email at Skinner to talk about the bearbust front

A couple of myths about peeps:

The closer to the eye, the more fast and accurate. Nope, my dovetail peeps are just as fast and accurate

Is my front sight centered? If you are focusing on that, you are using them wrong

A smaller ap is more accurate. Nope, the eye still centers the front, the width of the front has more effect on accuracy.

the best thing about the bear busters is you get rid of the dovetail base. Now if your site is dovetailed right to the barrel you are out of luck. You need threaded screws to hold on the bear buster. The older style rifles have the screw spacing closer, I am talking marlins, here. the newer ones are spaced further. with the older guns you are only able to use the 1 screw bear buster sight. the newer guns run the 2 screw bear buster. I love my peep's for targets that are not moving. However I think I may actually like the buck horn style for fast moving targets like jack rabbits. but it depends on the buck horn. I think a bead with more of a notch rear that doesn't have large buck horns would be best for that. kinda like the factory marlin sights. I picked up an old waffle top 336 and the regular sights on that I might really really like for fast moving jacks. But this was only spending a day with the skinner in the sage brush. it just seemed easier to track a running jack with the factory sights.

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 04/04/19.