Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Very nice WasTexasShooter. Love the wood on yours. I've got the same model and briefly considered doing the same, but ... am a little loath to cut that original 24" barrel. Actually, mine is a little different. The lever is rounded instead of a straight/squared end like yours. Despite being longer though, these early models seem to handle a little better with their slimmer stocks. I also have a 22" barrel Marlin 444s purchased new in 2005.

Another big bore lever option would be a BLR. They do offer them in the .450 Marlin, and BLRs are light. I have one in .358 Winchester. The pistol gripped version has less drop at comb and heel than the straight grip does. I have a pistol grip like the top pic below.

Browning BLR Rifles in Current Production

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I know the OP didn't mention BLR's but you may wish to consider them in 358 Win or 450 Marlin. I have a straight grip 358 that is really fun to shoot and carry, I had a pistol grip before in another chambering and slightly prefer it over the straight grip version. They point and handle better than any other lever gun I have ever tried.

Gerry.