Originally Posted by hunter4623
Originally Posted by Quick_Karl
There would be NO low-wage-illegal-alien-worker-that-won't-talk-back problem in The United States if "Patriotic Americans" were NOT hiring them so they can put the money of out-of-work and/or underpaid genuine American workers in their own pocket for the sake of a new bass boat or $20,000 rifle. Greed and Sloth are NOT Patriotic American virtues, no matter a person's financial, political, or racial status. If any business or landowner in America cannot survive by paying genuine American's a wage they they, themselves, would expect if their shoe was on the other foot - they should close their business and go get a job at Walmart.

I am 61 and the first job I ever had in my life, when I was 17, I got paid $10.00 an hour - 44-years later people are angry about a $7.25 minimum wage, and then they wonder why their out of work genuine American neighbor votes for then enemy of their enemy...

No one owes you anything. You get what you give. Treat others the way you would like them to treat you.

Must’ve been a good job. I’m 45 and at 17, I was only making $8.11/ hr. I think you’re misremembering.
Stop giving out freebies and people will take jobs or they’ll go without. It’s too easy to sit back and claim you have a disability, etc right now. Welfare fraud, disability fraud and the like are running rampant. The system needs a complete overhaul. The problem isn’t just illegal aliens crossing the border. Start mandating jail time for employers that hire illegals. Comprehensive reform of the entire system is needed but the scum politicians don’t want to solve the problem. They just want to get paid.

Off my soapbox

I'm 59, my first real job (seasonal help at a pickle processing plant) was in the summer of 1976, for $2.35 per hour. The federal minimum wage. Curious Quick, what did you do as an unskilled worker for $10/hour back in what 1975?

Edited to add that I lived in a southern right to work state.

Last edited by bludog; 05/31/19.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."