Best EDC Folder ?
- - - - - - - - - - -

I have lots of knives, many inexpensive ones, that I still esteem - from Sodbuster Jr. to Kershaw stonewashed, etc.

But today I joined THE CLUB !!! - A garage sale find on a table in a dark back area of the garage where
two ladies sat at the end of this table by the cash box, and right across from me sat a quiet older gentleman.

As I looked into a shallow box of unrelated mish-mash items labeled - '75 Cents For Each Object' . . .

I saw a rather disgusting cheaply made, ugly looking designed folding knife in the low light.
I picked the knife up gingerly trying to make out just how 'bad' this splotchy coated knife is?
As I'm trying to make something out of the knife in the dark, I notice on the top of the blade near the spine -
the 'BUTTERFLY' !

I asked the man if this was his knife? He said, Yes, I carried it every day for many years.
I told the gentleman, I think this is a really good knife - He smiled.
I offered the ladies more than the 75 cents asked - I wanted to pay more but still needed some of what I had.

When I got home I took a wash cloth and went after the dull total coating of time, dust & grime - I guess.
Everything that I thought looked like abrasion, corrosion, whatever - all came off with just a wet rag, yielding
a near perfect knife underneath all the grime.

This knife is 100% - Unbelievable! There IS a big difference in this knife compared to any other knife I've ever owned.
I went to the bank and got some cash, then to the corner of the garage sale sign - but driving down the
winding street, the houses all look alike and all the garage doors were closed.

I'll try again tomorrow morning. Hope to make things fairer above board.
I now have my first Benchmade Knife ever, It's an Osborne design 154 cm - EDC.

A Diamond in the Rough!