I had a Kimber MT rebarreled w/Lilja factory duplicated in 1:8" 270Win @ 22". 150ABLR's shoot well for me @ 3050fps via '26. I shot 2 deer and 1 bull elk with the rifle in the fall of 2017. I took the elk @ 125ish yds, the 1st deer @ 75yds, and the last deer @ 530yds.

None of the 3 even took a step.

1. The elk was steeply downhill and quartering hard towards me. I was aiming just inside the on-side shoulder, As I squeezed the trigger my heartbeat raised the crosshairs a bit and the elk dropped his head to take a step forward. I caught him in the neck about 6" behind the head/neck junction. I got 3 vertebrae on the way through and found the bullet just ahead of the off-side front quarter. The slug was intact, no core/jacket separation. It weighs 55gn and expanded all the way down to the beginning of the boat-tail. Given the high impact velocity and amount of bone the bullet destroyed, I'm not displeased with that outcome.

2. The 1st deer was trotting broadside behind a doe @ +/- 75yds and must've turned a bit just as I shot. I was swinging to put the bullet square through the on-side shoulder but ended up shooting him at the base of the skull and it came out under the off-side eye. I really can't explain how that happened based upon what I remember seeing in the scope as the rifle fired. The end result was a deer that landed chin-first and slid to a stop in the snow.

3. Neighbor wanted a deer for jerky so after 7 days of looking for antlers, I've got 1 day left to punch a tag. 30-40min after sunup I found a calm deer quartering away in a good spot for a longer shot so I took a good rest, got both lungs and the off-side shoulder on the way out. 530+ yds, the deer dropped @ the shot and never wiggled.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.