I saw this thread on Predator Masters. I was wondering if anyone has any information to confirm that Weaver Optics is/has been dissolved into Bushnell via the Vista Outdoors umbrella? It would be sad to see a once great company have dwindled to nothingness by the corporate bean counters...AGAIN!

Originally Posted by Stob
I have/had a Weaver T-36 benchrest scope, and it was not holding adjustment for point of aim. Bushnell now services these, so I sent it in for repair with the $10 they asked for to ship it back. In a couple weeks, I get a letter in the mail returning my check, and the form letter simply said they were returning my check per their warranty policies.

A week later (two days ago) a box shows up at my door with a Bushnell 6x20 scope in it, no explanation of any kind. So I called Bushnell service number, and was told Weaver is no more, gone, no more made. My scope was not repairable and they sent this as a replacement. I told the lady this scope is not a benchrest scope, it doesn't have the magnification, doesn't have the fine crosshairs, etc. She said to look on Bushnell's website and pick a scope that would work and let her know.

Well they have nothing that fits the bill, their "tactical" scopes looks like they are being phased out, and the reticles suck for my purposes. So this morning I sent her an email and said either return my old scope intact or pay me cash for my scope. I'll see how this turns out, at a minimum I want my scope back. I will have it locked and I have a set of external adjustment mounts I can use it on.

Frustrating.