I have been unable to find and load data to indicate that Hodgdon's H380 can be used in a .223. That is, not until tonight. I was looking at a load data sheet that came with my Lee .223 dies and low and behold it plainly lists H380 with a 55 grain bullet using a powder charge of 28.5 grains. OK, this sounds good as I have a quantity of H380 on hand. I carefully measured 28.5 grains weighed on a Frankford electronic scale. Problem is, it completely filled the primed case. My first thought was that my scale was out of calibration, so I re-zeroed the scale and tried again with same results. I then zeroed the scale using a 50 gram weight after resetting from grains to grams. Scale checked out perfectly. Changed back to grains and reweighed another powder charge and it also maximum filled the case. I am going to call Lee customer service tomorrow about this, but thought I would ask here if anyone has had any experience loading .223 with H380 powder? I usually use CFE223. Maybe I had better stay with it. Thanks for the response!

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."