I have or have had too many EDC's over the years to count. From very inexpensive {under 20.00} Gerbers, Ka-Bar's and Kershaws to Spyderco Natives and Benchmade Griptilian and Stryker. I bought a Real Steel T101 "Thor" last year, have been carrying it daily ever since and can honestly say I like it better than anything else I've had. I like a good sized EDC with enough handle for a good grip and plenty of cutting power and the Thor delivers without being overly bulky. It is less bulky than the Griptilian but with it's G-10 scales and full length stainless steel liners is also more robust with virtually no handle flex under heavy load. The 3 3/4" blade of Sandvic 14C28N has a high flat grind, is ground thin at the cutting edge and slices like a champ. It also takes and holds a very fine, razor sharp edge for a good long time. Yes it is made in China but is VERY WELL put together. Fit and finish is at least the equal of my Spydies and Benchmades. The blade pivots on ball bearings and the action is SUPER SMOOTH. It flips open lightning fast and effortlessly with the flipper tab and locks up like a bank vault. Anyone who dismisses these knives because of their Country of origin is missing out on a great deal. For 50.00 I don't think there is anything else out there that comes close to the quality and performance and don't think anything under 150.00 can beat it. At least not that I've found so far and I've got a drawer and glass display case full of knives.