Thanks all. I was concerned if the cops were there I'd not get them back. I did not see them taking something from one party and giving to the other without some kind of definitive proof. At best they'd be tied up in evidence for longer than they were worth. I knew that they knew where I live and that's a risk but, also it's a risk to be an easy mark. I think it boiled down to psychology. They are addicts and a revenge scenario does nothing to enhance their ability to get and use drugs. I was careful to be very calm and professional about it. Although the content of my words to him were definitive that if I saw him again there was going to be shooting, I kept to what I actually knew. I did not directly accuse him of being the thief, I only asserted that they were mine and that I was taking them, I did not create a situation where he might feel a need to pushback, be prideful or defend which could have led to a violent outcome. I think the deadpan delivery and lack of emotion probably led him to believe I meant it and I do. That all being said I'll be keeping a close eye and I am installing cameras on my across the street neighbors home so I get a good view of my front. I'll check those each morning for persons trying to poison my dog or weird behavior outside. The cameras are motion activated so you can scan a nights worth of video quickly. I do this at my shop and it's kind of fun. I've given an errant employee his lunch garbage back he tried tossing on one of the trucks and numerous other things. It feels good to know what all is going on. I'll also be moving the FN Self Loading Police 12ga to the bedside position for a few weeks. I've got his plate and OfferUp account that I'll be sharing with local LE so here's to good outcomes.

NRA Life Member