Gentlemen:
I picked up a Daiwa BG 2500 reel a few weeks ago. At some point between the time I received the reel and the time I spooled line on it, I lost the little package of spool washers they send for adjusting the spool. The line was spooling with a slight forward bias, so I wanted to try it with a an additional spool washer in place to see if it loaded perfectly. So, I called in to Daiwa, they were very helpful and got a set of washer set right out to me. Unfortunately, when they arrived they were obviously not the same as the parts I'd lost. The ones I'd lost had been circular on the inside and outside and were a more clear translucent material. The replacement was circular on the outside but had a rectangular opening on the inside. They were also made out of red plastic and seemed to be thicker.

I called back to Daiwa and told them it didn't seem like I got the right part. Here's a link to the parts diagram:

http://www.daiwa.com/us/service/manuals/image/spinning/BG1500_2000_2500_3000_3500_4000.pdf

There are a bunch of different washers on there, but the ones I lost were number 10 on the key list. The replacements sent to me are number 11. The nice lady on the phone told me that when she entered the product code for number 10, she was redirected to number 11. She went on to tell me that means part number 11 is a substitute and that I should I have the right parts to make my adjustment. She put me on hold and double checked with a technician and confirmed I should be good to go.

However, when I added the extra washer, the reel loads with a bias toward the rear. It seems to me that I need a thinner washer to make things just right, and I really thought the original washers were thinner than the replacements. I'm wondering if any of you have a bg series reel on hand and could measure the thickness of the extra spool washers that came with the reel for me.

Thanks