I have wrecked both shoulders. At least three times in the past I was pretty sure my RIFLE shooting days were over after reinjuring them, and it took almost a year of painful and dedicated physical therapy work to get back to the point where I had reasonable use of them and be able to shoot rifles. They were a long way from fixed, and I had daily pain, but I could shoot. One day I was in a pawn shot talking with the owner and noticed a Mission Craze bow. That damn thing could be adjusted down to 20 lbs draw and had a wide range of adjustment for draw length. I got to thinking it probably would be useful to rehab my shoulders, and for the price tag on it I couldn't go get a referral to an orthopedic doctor to see about repairs. I decided to try it. It took a few months, but it actually worked and worked surprisingly well on my right shoulder. It didn't do much for my left shoulder because I am right handed, but it did help that one too. I shot regularly (a lot) for a few years and now my right shoulder is better than it has been in 40 odd years since I first wrecked them. After about a year of shooting low poundage I got to the point that I could shoot a lot more draw weight without pain. I bought a Matthews No Cam and continued shooting at 60 lbs.

Caveats: If you have most of your normal range of motion, even with a lot of pain, then it likely will work but may take a lot of work, and produce a fair amount of pain until you build enough muscle around the shoulder to protect it. I found that in the beginning there was not enough stability in the shoulder to shoot accurately and when the muscles got a little tired, the shoulder had a tendency to pop out and shots would get thrown completely off the target. That could get expensive with lost/wrecked arrows. Shoot short range if you have that problem. IMO starting very low draw weight and not pushing the rehab is critical. It is very easy to reinjure your shoulder in the rehab process and takes surprisingly little to cause an awful lot of pain and set you back months in the rehab. If your range of motion is restricted by adhesions in the joint then medical advice before you start something like this is wise. The adhesions need to be released one way or another, and there is no pain free way. If the adhesion is large it may be tough.