I've been eyeing the AIM Surplus ads for the Beretta 81BB pistols in 32 ACP. At $230 they seemed like a neat toy to go with the Savage, H&R, and other pistols I have in that chambering. It might make a decent pistol for the wife as it is getting harder for her to pull the trigger on her Model 10.

Well, this evening I stopped into a local shop to kill some time. Lo and behold, they had 3 of these pistols in the used rack. They appeared to be in decent shape and I decided to buy one when the tag read $170. Now, I can't wait until Monday so I can shoot it. I have plenty of ammo to run through it and I even have some self defense ammo for it. Next step is to get a couple of extra mags.

Oh, the shop also had a few kegs of Hodgdon Clays and Universal on the "sale" table. This is where odds and ends the shop gets when someone brings in things other than firearms go. Price are typically ridiculously cheap and one can get some decent deals.

While waiting for the NCICs check to go through, I looked over the table. On the floor were a couple large cardboard boxes. Inside were 12 8# kegs of the above powders (8 Clays, 4 Universal) as well as 2 of Red Dot and 1 of Clay Dot. I bought 2 kegs of Universal for $75 each plus he gave me 10% off for being a firefighter. I would have bought more but the table is cash only and that took all that I had on me. If there is anything left after work tomorrow, it is going home with me.