Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer/
To answer the original question about the Stella is that it is an incredible reel worth the money if you are a serious fisherman. It will last a very long time when a lesser reel would have to be replaced several times.
Crypes for the price one of those Stella reels ought to catch 'em, clean 'em and cook 'em all by itself. I realize I don't fish as much as some here, realistically probably only 30-40 days a year but my god man, my Garcia Cardinal cost 29.99 12 years ago and has caught a boatload of fish. Now I'm sure it ain't as smooth and sophisticated as a Stella but It still shows no sign of giving up the ghost. Same could be said for my Mitchell 300 and 308, which if I remember right, cost about the same. You'd have to burn through about 20 of those reels to equal the cost of one Stella and that would take more years of fishing your ass off to accomplish than most people have on this earth.

To each his own. I have no problem paying for quality if it enhances my enjoyment. I used to have to explain myself every year to folks who just didn't understand how I could catch 2 or 3 fish to their 1. I would explain my technique and so forth, but most of the time, it was simply the fact that the equipment I was using put me at an advantage. Now days, if it is a good friend or someone I trust, I tell them to just bring whatever snacks and such they need, I will provide all of the tackle and gear to include rods and reels. I like to try new stuff as much as the next person, but I know what I like and luckily my job allows me to afford it.

CK