I bought a NuCanoe Flint last year and have nothing but great things to say about it. Because of it, I've been on the water at least 10x more than I ever have before, and that includes the last 6 years we've owned our 16' Express Jon Boat.

The Flint has 4 verticle rod holders in the back and two horizontal holders in the front. Its a little over 11' long and weighs 60 lbs. I bought the dolly to go with it but don't use it much. I have my 13 y.o. son help me load it at home and then when I get to the water I always go to public boat ramps that I gently lower the front into the water and it makes it easy just sliding it right out. Its a little more trouble loading it by myself, but not too bad with the front in floating in the water.

I can't tell you how much more I enjoy my time on the water having a simple kayak to paddle around on instead of having to drive a motorboat and then troll with a trolling motor. I just paddle to where I want to fish, generally upstream when the dams are not generating and then just drift with the current back down to where I put in at. The Flint is very stable, I've not had any trouble with it flipping or even feeling unsteady. It's got plenty of room for all your rods, a couple of tackle boxes, and even has drink holders to the right and left. My only gripe is the fact that the dry hatch is in the back and inaccessible from the seated position. You have to get out to get into it. The only time this is a problem is when you need your cell phone. I usually pack mine in a zip lock bag in the dry hatch for fear of flipping, however the last time I went out I just kept it in my pocket.

I highly recommend the NuCanoe Flint, but any sit on top kayak will offer you many joyful hours on the water. Think the weight capacity on the Flint is around 350 lbs.