Barak:

I was away all afternoon/evening, and a part of me was regretting having written my earlier post to you. In taking on the role of webmaster and facilitator, I gave up the liberty to always post freely what I feel. However, I made an exception this time, because I feel this issue is much larger than a website and my role as its moderator.

Upon reading your response to my earlier post, I will refrain from entering into a point by point rebuttal in the secure knowledge that it will serve no further purpose. You have made up your mind. So have I.

I will end my part in this discussion by stating that there is nothing I could add that would make my point any more clear than your response already has. If my post did nothing other than cause you to elaborate on your beliefs and philosophies, for all to see, then I will happily consider it an argument well made.

Bottom line: We differ greatly in our opinions, in the things we trust in and hold dear, and in our perceptions of our duties as Americans. I don't know what your ultimate goal is, but it sure doesn't seem to include supporting, strengthening, or serving the United States or the Constitution.

Nothing is perfect, but the United States IS the best country in the world, your wishy-washy equivocation notwithstanding. As a nation, she has my complete devotion and loyalty. Period.

I have one question for you, and one question only: Can you say the same?

For the record, I support our President one thousand percent. I believe he is doing the right thing, the only sane thing, in insisting that Saddam Hussein disarm, one way or the other. I honor the fine young men and women who have chosen to put their lives on the line in order to protect our freedoms, including yours. I also thank God that we have George W. Bush and not Al Gore as President. Bush is the right man at the right time in the right place. The world will be a better place for his having been President.

Thank God your guy, whoever he is, didn't win!

That's all.

God Bless America

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine