Sorry I have been out and about!

I used the regular Williams and just filed the base till it fit. However I managed to strip the one locking screw that threaded into the aluminum base. So I took it off and put back on the open sight and will stick with the sourdough front. For whatever reason I am shooting as good or better groups than I did with the peep. The flat topped front sight really helps index on the vertical plane.

I also received some 271 grain hard cast and gas-ck'd bullets from Jet bullets an outfit up here in Canada. They shoot really well! Sorta wish I hadn't bought the mold now. Too many hobbies already and casting bullets will require more equipment.

I am also going on a late season moose hunt down one of our rivers in the big Clipper Freighter canoe with the 6HP Suzuki. 300 KM in the Yukon Wilderness. In front will be my son. He will have his Ruger Ranch in 450 Bushmaster. It's a proven moose getter! I'll have the Big Bore 94 in 375 Win. Some will disagree but I am liking the 200 Sierras and am disciplined enough to do a side lung shot behind the front leg. I think the expansion will help put an 800 pound deer down pretty fast and figure it will put both lungs out of action. I could be talked into the 255 Barnes as well.

Not enough adjustment on the rear open sight to get the hard cast bullets into the bulls eye. Leaving on Thursday. Things are getting a bit freezy up here but it's worth a shot.