When all comes to all, this conflicy with Iraq really boils down to stabelize the situation in the whole middle east region. I think that is the goal of all involved nations. they just cant agree of in wich way to do this.

However , I think this campaign will cost a lot of american blood. The US military machine will win in the desert, but in urban areas the defenders has the advantage. American soldiers did not get to Bagdad in 1991, but they will do it this time. And Saddam will probably defend the city at all costs. Saddam measures success after how well he is doing. If he still sits after a war that costs hundred of thousands of lives and total destruction of Iraq, saddam still think he has won. The air force can`t bomb Bagdad to hell because of the civil population, so ground forces has to move in. Once they are in, they won`t face the enemy befor he is so close that you can smell him. Then the airforce cantuse bombs, because they will harm friendly troops. In my opinion it will be much the same type of fighting as the rangers did in Mogadishu, only they will be better prepared this time. But so will the enemy. remember that senior members has fought in both the Iraq-Iran war and the first golf war, so it is an experienced enemy they will meet.

Saddam will loose at last, but it will cost.