Alaska Bullet Works has a very good reputation for producing tough deep penetrating high weight retaining bullets. They make some flat nosed bullets with heavy jackets for lever gun rifles with tubular magazines. The 250 grain Super Bonded bullets in .35 caliber start with a .025 jacket on the nose and taper to a .050 jacket at the base. From everything I have heard this is a good big critter bullet for woods hunting and performs well on moose. I bet it does!

I talked to them again the other day and asked them to consider a 220 grain bullet with the same jacket as the 250 grain bullet. The .356 Win. case is not very big, but maybe I could squeeze 2,350 fps mv out of my 20" barrel with that bullet. That would give me a 200 yard moose rifle and load that would also work as a close range big bear rifle. If any of you use the .356 Win. and are interested in a 220 grain bonded bullet then please give Alaska Bullet works in Juneau a call at 907-789-3834. If he hears from enough shooters it may motivate him.

They are easy to deal with and good folks. He just said please send me the money after you get the bullets. Ya don't hear that very often.

They ain't cheap like the 220 grain Speer. But they sure are purdy!