Originally Posted by saskfox
What is the best home defense shotgun. I have several sporting shotguns. A neighbor 6 miles west had a scare a couple weeks ago. I never used to lock my doors but I do now. It would take law enforcement a minimum of 45 minutes to get to my place. Meth is a huge problem here. Thanks

Whichever that you deem the most reliable, that narrows the field considerably. You should be able to mount a weapon light w/ a switch that allows optimal control of white light. It should allow you to move w/in the space you want to protect w/ the least restriction.

Trying to rationalize it as a "sport gun" also, will compromise the intended purpose. I have seen several shotguns on here that the owners, also Canuks,carried for bear that were short pump guns that would probably perform well w/ appropriate practice.

Locks are pretty important, defense is best planned in layers and time is a precious commodity amplified by an environment/ attitude that doesn't allow you to carry your weapon on your person.

Improvise, Adapt, Overcome. You are your family's best defense.

You have already solved the biggest problem in that you recognize that the threat is real.

Remember! The family that slays together, stays together, involve the whole clan in your preparation to not be victims.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC