Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Don't you get to have over-the-counter short-barrel shotguns in Canada with no extra licensing? If so, I wouldn't be running a sport gun as a dual purpose.

If you are allowed to have an AR15, then just get that instead for inside and outside the house.

DD,

OP's in Kanana, so, no real guns for him.

So, North of the border, I'd say Mosberg 590 with a load of #1 buck.

Or if necessary to keep the local Mounties happy there's the old school option. Winchester 97.

DakotaDeer & antelope_sniper;
Good evening to you both, I hope all is well in your respective parts of the world tonight.

While we can have AR variants up here so far - please get out and vote soon fellow Canucks - the AR, AK and FNFAL variants are indeed heavily restricted.

However, we can indeed purchase abbreviated versions of several arms in any action other than semi-auto.

Personally I prefer to practice with the slightly longer and heavier one on the left - an ancient made in Canada Lakefield Mossberg 500, while the center one goes on meat packing duty or other adventures when something more than a stern look and a loud voice might be required.

[Linked Image]

Why these are sideways I have no idea, however that's part of the charm of the brave new world of photos post - photobucket I suppose... wink

If the OP is interested, please feel free to drop me a PM and I can share a few suggestions of where to source some useful shotguns on this side of the medicine line.

All the best to you all as we head into cooler weather and good luck on your hunts.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"