antelope_sniper;
Good evening and thanks for the reply.

So far, our restrictions are more or less like this.

Firearms fall into 3 classes - more or less - which are non-restricted, restricted and prohibited.

We can typically only shoot restricted and prohibited class arms at ranges which are licensed to shoot said arms there.

Although it's highly counter intuitive, some of us can actually own "prohibited" class, usually because we had a particular arm when it became so by a change in legislation, so we're grandfathered in.

Prohibited firearms are full auto and handguns which are chambered for .25 caliber or .32 caliber - so yes indeed a New Service or even a SAA in .25-20 or .32-20 became prohibited - as well as the little pocket pistols in .25 auto and .32 auto which were the initial target of the legislation.

No, it doesn't make any more sense as we proceed.

Restricted firearms are most other pistols and revolvers, as well as AR, AK or FNFAL variants. Any semi-automatic long arm can only have a capacity of 5 rounds, but there are exceptions so far, like Garands and SKS come to mind. Most rimfires are exempt as well.

It gets confusing however in that for instance a Galil is on the list as it's too close to an AK, but a Tavor is just fine and is non-restricted, as it a Mini-14. Most of us believe the list of long arms that made the restricted list were folks who were in advanced stages of hoplophobia - so anything black with a pistol grip made the list.

Any firearm over 26" long in total length - or actually a metric designation around there - that is not designed to be fired with one hand and is not a semi-automatic is not classed as "restricted". There used to be a barrel length designation attached to the definition, but that was dropped some time ago. We'll see 10" barrel side by side and over and under doubles which are interesting to be sure, but personally I find even the 14" barrel is quite a bit louder for the shooter than the 18½" barrel ones.

Lastly, I should note that this applies only to factory barreled arms however, so for instance in the photo, if I were to shorten the barrels of the Lakefield -Mossberg's to less than 18½" they would go into "prohibited" or be illegal.

That's the short version of it more or less and perhaps I've misplaced some details or am out and out wrong, so please nobody take this as the letter of the law.

If I can answer further, I'll do my best.

All the best again and good luck on your remaining hunts for sure.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 10/10/19. Reason: forgot one

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"