Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by Yoder409
As a turkey nut for over 40 years, I'm gonna say whatever coarse shot patterns the best from your set-up.

I'm running 2 1/4 oz of copper plated 2's from a BPS 10 ga and coyotes just don't walk away from the front of it. A looooooong way in front of it. Yotes generally hit the dirt so hard they bounce. Have also used #4 buck from same with OK results. BB shot doesn't pattern worth a crap. Go figger… ???

The Winchester Longbeard Turkey loads in lead #4's should hold lots of promise. The pattern VERY tight through the Indian Creek Black Diamond Strike choke tube. And the penetration of the HTL pellets can allow you to go down in shot size while going up in penetration.

The Winchester Longbeard pellets are HTL? What are they made of? It was my understanding they are standard Pb lead composition.

No. The Longboards are lead. But they pattern so tightly that the #4's can give you a TON of large pellets on a small target at distance. I think they could be quite effective.
Winchester also makes a coyote/predator specific load with copper plated lead BB's using the same components as the Longbeard turkey loads. I'd bet on those to work better on yotes than the #4 turkey loads.