One thing this thread reminded me of was patterning heavy goose loads, 3 & 3.5" magnum steel, boy did that get old fast, the recoil even with a standing bench and then the tedious counting of pellets.

I ran across a screw in version of the old poly choke at the Cabelas bargain bin, I bought it out of nostalgia and curiosity. It has proved invaluable for testing turkey and other heavy loads. I just dial in the best pattern to get an idea of the optimal constriction and then buy a Carlson or whatever aftermarket choke in that constriction. This usually pans out and saves buying multiple expensive tubes. The Poly Choke actually works in it's own right and several turkeys have been taken with it on the shotgun, I can't imagine it wouldn't work on coyotes too. But the minimizing time at the patterning board made it very worthwhile.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli