My son will be hunting with a 7mm-08 this season. Thanks to some sage advice by a man named Mule, here, I ordered him some 120 Ballistic Tips loaded by "Choice Ammo" to 2950.

For my .300 Win Mag, I chose the 180 TTSX from the same company, rated at 3020. I have never used a Barnes rifle bullet. Mine are scheduled to be here tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.

Now the seperate issue, my wife has decided she wants a rifle of her own, and to hunt with us. The rifle she picked out is the Savage 110 Apex Hunter in "Muddy Girl" camo. It comes in 243, 6.5 CM, 7mm-08, and .308. She has a stint in her heart, and takes blood thinners, so any recoil is out of the question. This is the reason I'm asking about the .243 Win. She will be mostly hitting paper, or rock hunting.

So naturally I always go to Nosler, so I'm thinking a 90gr Partition would be perfect. But I'm also 10 years behind on bullets and their technology. So would she be better off with the .243 for less recoil, or is the difference even noticable?