one day i was driving up highway 93 north of wickenburg, saw a buzztail in the south lane. I slammed on the brakes with the intent of backing up and running over the sucker, he made it to the knee high grass off the road. so i jumped out of the truck, wearing shorts, with a handgun to put him in snake heaven. I couldn't see him for the grass, and i got to thinking he could see me with that thermal vision. so this ol fat man started crowhopping back to the road. he won. my wife was in tears. good thing tho, about a quarter mile down the road was a highway patrol officer, probably wouldn't have appreciated me opening up from the road.

near that area, the son of a rancher i knew at spent too much time at the sultana bar in wickenburg one night, was on the way to the ranch and they saw a buzztail in the road. they stopped with the idea of stomping it to death. which they started to do. being drunk, they forgot they had taken off their heavy construction boots, and had on tennies. snake bit through the shoe, about a week in the hospital. Lucky he didn't lose his leg.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 10/17/19.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO