It took me four years before I was ready for another Chesapeake. When Cypress moved on to waterfowl heaven, I took his collars and screwed them to a bulwark in our favorite waterfowl hunting spot. That wasn't the best move for memories sake over the years. It just phuggn hurt.

After the hurricane swept through our Delta some 2 years ago I noticed that the flooding had been blown out the bulwark in our bend of the rive and his collars were gone. That spoke to me and I knew it was time for another.

I picked Cash out of a recommended breading by Dyane Baldwin. Cash is DM Clear, EIS Clear, PRA Clear and ALS Clear with a fine smattering of titles in his ancestry.

DM was the reasoning behind my last Chesapeake being put down so finding an all clear dog was very important as the testing wasn't available back at that point in history.

He has filled my last dogs shoes very well so far and ironically Cash's first retrieve was a Black Duck the same as Cypress's last retrieve.

Cash earned his HRC seasoned title at 15 months self trained and handled. That was nerve racking as my breeder pushed me to skip HRC started. At any rate we trained harder than ever and got it done. We will be pushing for his HRC Finished title in the spring of 2020 as soon as duck season is out.

Cypress's last retrieve :

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Cash first retrieve at 10 months on an evening hunt.

His first real blood trail the same morning as his first retrieve at 10 months

HRC Seasoned title mug shot at 15 months , he wasn't into the ribbons lol.

Last edited by Strick9; 10/20/19.

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2