Haven't had it out much lately. Cold weather has set in and makes it somewhat uncomfortable to go out and shoot and/or shoot well. I have about 40 rnds (factory) down the tube. I am very happy with the performance (accuracy). I'm seeing any down points to the 8T barrel, and if the need/desire was there I'd build another with the 8T. To this point, weather and all, it's shoots 1/2 MOA, or better (when I do my part!). Shot it at a 55gal barrel lid early last week when the weather was above 30deg and the wind was at rest. Furthest I could shoot was 550yds. 5rnds in a 2 1/2" circle at 550.

I have decided to move away from the hinged floor plate and go with a DBM. Just boxed it up and sent the McM Game Hunter to McMillan on Friday to have it re-inletted ($56) for M5 DBM, so it's sitting as a scoped, barreled action right now.

Had the 6.5PRC out this morning in the deer stand. Had a chance at a nice size doe at about 400, but didn't pull the trigger. Area behind the target (doe) wasn't clear, and I felt it was better to be safe than sorry. Pretty sure I'll get more opportunities with it. Loaded some 140gr Partitions. Want to see haw they do out of the PRC vs the 143ELD-X. The Partitions aren't as accurate (1MOA) as the ELDs (.38MOA), but I've always like the way they perform on game.

My plan is to do some testing (accuracy, anyways) with the 200gr Partition in the 300 PRC when I get the stock back and reasonable day to shoot presents itself.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.