Originally Posted by AnsonRogers
JB, wish you had been here a couple of years ago when I shot a nice buck at 60 yards in the ribs with a 100 grain Sierra Pro Hunter. We finally found him at least a 150 yards away, no blood trail. The bullet went in between ribs and did not exit. We gutted him in the dark so I didn't really get a chance to see the lung damage very well. I don't know if it got one or both but he sure went a long ways if it was both.

I followed your recommendation and this year used a 100 Nosler Partition. Got two holes and a dead deer within 20-30 yards. Damage looked like that produced by larger calibers.

I never had any issues with Sierra bullets in either a 6mm or 243 but did switch to a 95 grain Partition 2 years ago for reasons unknown other than to see if they acted the same from my 6mm as they did from a 22-250.

1 DRT on a 150# 8 point and maybe a 60 yard death run on same sized 10 point last year. I shot pretty high on the 10 as I bobbled when the trigger tripped. He still left a blood trail Stevie Wonder could have followed even though it wasn't needed as I saw him fall.

Can't say they work any better on broadside deer but they do give me more confidence on larger bodied deer if I should need to drive from flank to shoulder.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!