I also picked up a couple of boxes to try... The 'Semi-Auto Quiet' ammo has a 45 grain bullet whereas the original 'Quiet' ammo has a 40 grain bullet.

I have only shot this for function so far;

*Out of my 10-22 it cycled fine.

*Out of my 22/45 I had one failure to feed in ten rounds, so will have to try it some more.

It is definitely NOT hearing safe out of a pistol and I feel it is not out of a 16 inch barrelled rifle either (20 plus inches and it is very quiet).

If I lived in a state where suppressors were not allowed this would probably be my go to ammo for plinking.

I have shot over a case of the original 40 grain 'Quiet' ammo and it is 'OK' accuracy-wise, I had two rifles sighted in with it and would shoot eggs offhand at 50 yards reasonably well (the main issue in this game is the Rifleman), but CCI Standard Velocity is quite a bit better regarding accuracy and in a 24 inch or longer barrel is hearing safe or very nearly so.

I would bet that once the stocks of the original 40 grain CCI Quiet ammo are gone that they will discontinue it in favor of the 45 grain Semi-Auto Quiet ammo.

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum