Originally Posted by memtb
Originally Posted by 7point62mag
Who cares what we NEED? I'm getting a .375 Ruger or .375 H&H to put to use as my "one and done gun". A 300gr TSX @ 2600 will kill a 100 lb Whitetail just as well as a Cape Buffalo. I've got a friend in Africa who is a PH, and he uses a .416 Rigby for everything.

You are a bright young man! But, may want to step down to a 270 LRX......JMO! wink memtb

My post was more of a thing saying, don't listen to what others say you "need". Just shoot what you "want" and enjoy. Too many people worry about what others say they have to have, because this is too little or that is too big.

I really will be picking up a .375 of some flavor, that wasn't a joke. Andrias is bringing me over to tag along for awhile. He has a home in Colorado as well, so I get to hunt Elk with him when he is stateside.

As far as shooting a lot bothering you, I've set up a few .375's from the bench. The H&H is fun to shoot, it really is just a push. The .375 Ruger (without the brake) has quite a bit more bite to it, due to the higher pressures involved matching velocity in a smaller case. With the brake, I'd compare it to a heavy .30-06 load. Helping at my friends shop and range for 15 years, has allowed me to get a wide range of experience, trying different firearms. Some new just in, some trade ins, and some folks were just nice enough to let me shoot for waived range fees, or free ammo. I was not trying to give off a "macho" vibe, just sharing my opinion per my given experiences.

For the fella questioning my hunts. I love how when someone says something that the "frequent/regular" members dont agree with, the keyboard officials come out in droves throwing their yellow flags, blowing a whistle, and trying to see replays on the teleprompters.

Now, with a heavy heart i add, I may not be back to reply for awhile. I'm not running from questions. While I was writing the above, I was just told my first cousin just lost the battle with cancer that she had been fighting. She never once said "poor me", and had a smile on her face everyday. frown