Originally Posted by JPro
I'd believe that, regarding the 168 needing less impact velocity to expand, as it is a bit longer in the nose. The 165 shown was mainly picked up for mag-length loads in the 308win.

Up until this year, I've never hunted with a Barnes bullet. Trying their 180 TTSX this season, but haven't seen anything but young deer. Spot lighters screw everything up around here. I hate poachers!

Next season I plan to step down to the 168 for my .300 Win Mag. I've heard a lot of great reports on using that bullet in the .30 mags. I'm just learning that you can give up a little wait with a Monolithic bullet, because they shed ZERO weight. To think, I got the 180 TTSX because Choice Ammunition was currently out of stock of 200gr Accubonds. I've always shot heavy for caliber, and if I had been setup reloading or if the 200's had been in stock, I may never have tried Barnes otherwise, and never known how well they shoot.

I like the idea of the 168 in my .300, that is a flat shooting setup. I've seen great results using 168 bullets in .308 rigs that I setup for others.